Friday, November 19, 2010

Secred Animals

Ancient Egyptian cat
There are lots of different animals. One of my favorite and the Egyptions favorite is the cat. Their cats had no fur YUK!! The Egyptions worshiped the cats because they believed that the cat goddess, Bastest, was the goddess of happiness and kept the rats out of their crops, so cool. The Ram is also a sacred animal, to. The sun god, Ra, has a head of a ram and the body of a human (why not just give him a ram body and head?). The next sacred animal is the baboon.  This animal is worshiped because of its god. I don't know anything about you but, Baboons scare me. They believed by keeping these animals sacred it would please their god or goddess. That's not all the sacred animals because if I named all of the animals it would boor you to death. Trust me I don't want to kill you. :)

2 comments:

  1. These animals must've had it easy in Egypt. They'd probably have all these fancy workers tending to their every need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww! Why would someone want a hairless cat!?!?! That's kinda nasty! but funny to hear about!

    ReplyDelete